Welcome to Gamblers Anonymous. Here we provide help for people who want to quit their gambling habit. Our site offers lots of news and information, including resources for recovering compulsive gamblers.
Gambling may be as old as time, but it is still a fast-growing industry and it continues to lure more people into its clutches every day.
We have access to several recovered addicts who are ready to help you or a loved one quit just as they have. Before you continue, how well do these questions apply to you?
- Are bothered about how the gambling habits of a loved one is affecting you?
- Is there a growing anxiety about the gambling habits of someone you love?
- Are you experiencing financial hardship as a result of a spouse’s or civil partner’s gambling addiction?
- Are you in heavy debt and emotionally disturbed about the situation? Could a gambling problem be the cause?
- Are you concerned about the financial or emotional status a colleague/friend who is gambling?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, you have come to the right place.
What is Gam-Anon
Gam-Anon is a self-support group of people affected directly or indirectly by the gambling habit of someone close to them. Few people understand how demanding this can be, the anxiety, sleepless nights and broken promises. All which take their toll on one’s health and well-being.
Over time, we become scared and uncertain about how to proceed with the decline in our relationship and lives. This also includes the financial heartache and possible debts incurred from one’s gambling addiction.
Here at Gam-Anon, we too can relate to the pain and difficulty associated with a spouse or family member’s addiction. You don’t have to go through the process alone, we are here to help. With Gam-Anon, you can find your way back to mental comfort.
Whether or not your partner continues to gamble, you don’t have to suffer the consequences for their action. Our aim is to help you cope until you can perform optimally, irrespective of their gambling addiction. Here, we believe that an attitudinal change provides limitless help to you and the gambler too.
Gam-Anon is neither a religious group nor counselling agency. It is not a centre for treatment or an organisation that provides such services. Rather we are only a fellowship of people with a common interest, willing to share our experiences and how best to overcome individual problems.
You are not required to pay any fees or dues, and membership is voluntary. So long as you have been affected by someone’s gambling problem you are welcome to meet and share with us.
Objectives of Gam-Anon
- To welcome and offer help and solace to those affected by the gambling habits of another person.
- To share Gam-Anon’s understanding of compulsive gambling and how it affects our lives.
- To discuss each other’s experience, fortitude and faith in coping with someone else’s gambling habits.
- To apply the Steps and Tools of the Gam-Anon program and develop our emotional and spiritual growth and recovery.
Contact Us Today
If you are experiencing difficulty because of a loved one’s or family member’s gambling addiction, don’t go through it alone.
Call us today on PHONEXXXX and connect with people who understand.